Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Business Systems Analyst Internship - Commercial Insurance - Dover, NH
Gain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company!
Liberty Mutual's internship programs give you a chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As aBusiness Systems Analystinternat Liberty Mutual, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as claims, managed care, finance, sales/service, underwriting and/or IT). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
You will focus on a variety of tasks, which may include:
· Provide development and support for automated systems, technology, reporting, and common business processes.
· Perform research and analysis of internal practices, industry trends, business products, technology and competition to help determine optimal business solutions.
· Consult with internal business partners and Information Technology analysts, as well as receive exposure to senior business managers in formal and informal business settings.
· Develop an understanding of basic insurance concepts, drivers of business results and how major functional areas of corporations interact.
· Hone communication and critical thinking skills through preparation of standardized reports and investigative analysis.
Business Systems Analystsat Liberty are integral to our company's success by developing and executing the best business solutions to ensure operational effectiveness and continual improvement. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a role that could lead to a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
· As an intern, youmust be working towards a bachelor's degree (graduating in 2014, 2015, or 2016)
· Possess a minimum 3.0 GPA; additional requirements may apply.
· Possess strong technical skills, demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions.
· Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner.
· Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work in a team environment.
· Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?