Pharmacy Technician II
Company: Exeter Hospital
Specific Schedule/Hours: 40 per pay period
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, assists in the daily operations of the Pharmacy Department.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1+ years experience
- must be registered with state of NH within 30 days of hire
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with the (PTCB)
Responsible for stocking Pyxis units, filling requisitions, and inpatient and outpatient prescription orders.
- Responsible for other non-clinical duties such as Pyxis Medstation maintenance and configuration and the restocking, ordering and billing of medications.
- Prepares intravenous, central parenteral nutrition (CPN) and chemotherapy compounds utilizing aseptic techniques according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Transports, restocks, and reorders medications and supplies in the Pharmacy and patient care areas.
- Processes pharmacy related charges for data processing and invoices for accounts payable.
- Prepares inpatient and outpatient prescriptions, unit dose medications and departmental requisitions.
- Assists Pharmacist in the delivery of controlled substances to Pyxis Medstations and to patient care areas.
- Assists with the orientation and training of new hires.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.