Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
LICENSED NURSING ASSISTANT
Shift: As needed
Hours: Per Diem
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Department Director and the direct supervision of the Clinical Leader/ Registered Nurse, and in accordance with regulations established by the State Board of Nursing and the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and nursing practice standards as determined by the Nursing Organization, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Performs or assists patients in the completion of activities of daily living.
2. Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development to provide age-specific patient care to geriatric patients.
3. Provides basic support to patients and families in response to identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious preferences.
4. Performs a variety of clinical tasks within the scope of LNA practice, in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Nursing Organization.
5. Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or physician to perform selected patient care activities or tasks as appropriate.
6. Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and changes in patient’s condition to the Registered Nurse.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Elliot Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer