Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST II
Department: VNA HOME CARE
Shift: Monday - Friday
Contact Information: Contact: Julie McKenney
anchester, NH 03103
Demonstrates competence in providing professional occupational therapy services to clients/patients of all ages whose needs range from basic to complex. Plans and implements age appropriate, specific treatment programs for individual client/patients with a level of skill in accordance with accepted principles and practice.
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Clinical Manger and within established and departmental policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
· Patient Care/Quality
· Assess patients and environment appropriately.
· Plans and implements care appropriately.
· Evaluates and updates appropriateness of care plan and physicians orders.
· Communicates appropriate information to patients, peers, managers, physicians, departments and other agencies involved.
· Integrates problem solving methodology and quality improvement in resolving problems related to patient care and organizational processes.
· Documents appropriately.
· Orients and supervises COTA’s according to State of NH guidelines and policy.
· Orients and supervises HHA’s in the delivery of patient care.
· Adheres to safety, organizational and ethical standards including safety standards.
· Adheres to policies, protocols and procedures and infection control standards.
· Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all company matters.
Education: Entry level degree from American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) accredited program; Bachelor of Science or basic MS acceptable.
Experience: Equivalent of one year in a staff occupational therapist position in a relevant work setting. Meets criteria for Professional Advancement II programs as outline in the attached addendum.
Licensure/Certification: Registered by the State of New Hampshire Board of Registration in Medicine.
Valid Driver’s License: Required to travel throughout southern New Hampshire to provide home health care service and other job-related activities. Proof of auto mobile insurance required (100,000/300,000). Motor vehicle background report will be conducted.