Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Description: Saint-Gobain is the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of building materials, and a leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers with more that 1,000 subsidiaries in 64 countries. Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Saint-Gobain had sales of $53.2 billion in 2010 and employs nearly 190,000 people worldwide.
In the United States and Canada, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $7.3 billion and employed approximately 19,000 people in 2010. The company has approximately 150 manufacturing plants and more than 100 distribution outlets throughout North America. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Valley Forge, PA), Norandex Building Materials Distribution (Hudson, OH), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, OH), Verallia North America (Muncie, IN), Saint-Gobain Technical Fabrics (Grand Island, NY) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Aurora,OH).
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is the world's leading producer of engineered, high-performance polymer products, serving virtually every major industry across the globe. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics' businesses support these key industries in bringing advanced technology polymer products and using them in the most demanding applications. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is dedicated to working with its customers to solve today's application issues and the challenges that lie ahead.
Job Responsibilities: Accountability Objective:
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Supply Chain Manager is primarily responsible for planning, controlling, and directing activities of the Materials Department, Production Control, and Shipping, Receiving and purchasing. This position is also directly responsible for Forecasting/Inventory Control. Incumbent will act as change agent and lead the sales and operation planning 12-month implementation for the site. Incumbent will develop strategies and tactics to coordinate to optimize inventory and site-to-site (U.S., Europe and Mexico) materials logistics with proper objectives, tools and reporting. Incumbent will work with global purchasing to optimize material costs and CAPEX.
Establishes strategic direction, department objectives, and provides leadership to achieve results with the following functions:
• Production control, planning and scheduling
• Forecasting and Inventory control
• Capacity utilization, planning Purchasing
• Oversee planning of raw material purchases/requirements
• Oversee negotiation of price reductions through global purchasing
• Improve/Develop management systems for monitoring vendor performance
• Implementation of the sales and operation planning process
• Manage raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories within turn objectives and dollar levels
• Coordinate physical inventory and cycle count program to achieve site and SBU goals
• Determine and execute shipping priorities
• Provides strong interface with all departments to ensure policies and systems being used are efficient, effective and in concert with business goals and philosophies
• Business wide and site-to-site coordination of logistics of materials as it relates to the Coated Fabrics business with a priority on QX Caster, capacity and site-to-site strategy to implement market driven lead times
• Responsible to achieve continuous improvement of manufacturing operations through through Kaizen activities, value stream mapping, 5S and, facilitate other sponsored activities
Masters degree in technical or business administration, with at least 10- years of industrial sourcing and purchasing experience.
Ability to work in a matrix environment and coordinate project across sites and departments.
Thorough working knowledge of computerized materials planning and control system, ie, MRP, JIT.
Demonstrated successful implementation of MRP system.
Operations experience or background is desirable.
APICS Certification required.
Working knowledge of TQM techniques in manufacturing environments.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, oral and written.
Leadership, able to work independently and as part of a team across sites and departments
Skilled negotiator, innovative, dynamic, out of the box thinking.
State: New Hampshire
Ref. Code: CP8983