Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Sciences -Portsmouth, NH
Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Sciences - Portsmouth, NH-37801
Liberty Mutual Personal Insurance Claims Technology is actively searching for an experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who will leverage technology to develop BI solutions within the insurance industry. In this role you will use your business and technical knowledge to participate in the development of strategic reporting solutions to support various business operations. You will elicit and verify business requirements as well as document and prototype solutions which may include data mapping and profiling. You will liaise with IT, develop test plans, and assist with upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.
* Assist and/or lead initiatives to define and develop reporting to support claims business strategies, utilizing MicroStrategy, Teradata, SAS or comparable technologies.
* Assist and/or lead requirement and report design sessions with end users.
* Translate business needs into business requirements for the Information Management IT department.
* Assimilate and apply knowledge as well as share acquired knowledge and experience to other team members.
* Clearly communicate and document ideas and results to non-technical business people.
* Understand and interface with Enterprise Data Warehouse environments.
* Analyze problems and define solutions by applying sound logic and aptitude to learn quickly Evaluate business requirements and model data and/or system requirements.
* Analyze and document business problems.
* Develop and implement business-testing strategies.This is a range posting from a grade 13 to 15
* Bachelors or master's degree in business or technical discipline and 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience developing business intelligence solutions - MicroStrategy and SAS (preferred), Business Objects, OBIEE or similar.
* Experience with analysis in data warehouse/mart environments.
* Experience developing reports with relational databases.
* Understanding of database models (relational, fact, dimensional, star).
* Basic knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
* Effective analytical/problem solving and research skills.
* Solid understanding of SQL.
* Project lead experience is a plus.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?