Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Credit Risk Manager - Portfolio Review - Chase Paymentech - Salem, NH
Location: US-NH-Salem-4 Northeastern Blvd / 30641
Job Number: 120076404
Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), we:
• serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
• lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
• are one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
• service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers.
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
· Effectively manage the Portfolio Credit Review team responsible for a portfolio of merchant accounts which represent a significant risk to the merchant services organization of JPMorgan Chase Bank (Chase Paymentech). Effectively manage and lead remote employees on the team (quarterly travel).
· Govern the process of financial review of Paymentech customers with effective early warning detection skills in order to manage the risk of the portfolio and minimize losses.
· Provide strategic credit decisions and recommendations on all accounts within the Director's credit authority of the Periodic Review Group.
· Recommends and initiates special projects, and analyzes department/system growth to determine departmental needs. Includes interviewing candidates and making hiring suggestions to upper management.
· Work with internal counsel to assist in negotiation of contractual language as it impacts credit risk.
· Provide informational updates as well as counseling and training to department staff.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures that govern the Periodic Review Group activities of the organization. Oversee the investigation of potential loss involving customers and suppliers, perform onsite audits. Work closely with customers and relationship managers.
· Analyze departmental operations and activities to ensure efficiency of operations in accordance with Company policy and guidelines.
· Develop and implement operational strategies and procedures to ensure effective and consistent service.
· Monitor departmental performance and identify areas where new/improved systems can improve the quality of existing services as well as recommend means for improvement, including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to building vibrant communities, preserving the environment and promoting an inclusive culture that benefits its shareholders, customers, employees, neighbors and future generations. The firm does this in multiple ways, ranging from charitable giving and diversity initiatives to the promotion of economic opportunity and development. The organization strives to be fair and ethical in business practices and has a strong set of principles that guides our actions and informs decisions. The firm is helping to protect the environment and works at deep community involvement. A select few awards include:
* Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE magazine
* Most Respected Companies byBarron'smagazine
* Top 50 Companies for Diversity,Diversity Incmagazine
* Top Companies for Executive Women by National Association for Female Executives (NAFE)
* 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index, measuring treatment of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and customers
About Chase Paymentech:
Chase Paymentech, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase within Card Services, is a global leader in payment processing and merchant acquiring, capable of authorizing transactions in over 130 currencies. The company's proprietary platforms provide access to a wide variety of payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, prepaid stored value cards and electronic check processing. With a legacy of innovation and vision in electronic payments, Chase Paymentech promoted the growth of e-commerce worldwide. The company continues to fuel the success of the Internet's largest brands, currently processing more than 50 percent of all Internet transactions. Offering secure payment solutions, improving cash-flow management, mitigating risk and accelerating funding - Chase Paymentech's consultative approach helps today's small and emerging businesses become tomorrow's industry leaders. On the Internet or at the point of sale, Chase Paymentech's unique combination of outstanding service, innovative solutions and financial strength offers sold benefits to companies both large and small.
· 8 years of commercial credit underwriting or lending experience with a financial institution or leasing company.
· 5 years of managerial experience with a track record of increasing responsibilities.
· Bachelor degree in business management, finance or accounting. Masters degree a plus.
· Strong financial statement analytical ability. Experience making large credit risk management decisions.
· Solid understanding of complex financial statements, financial ratios and the overall impact on what they mean with respect to financial stability.
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and the impact of changes on financial condition.
· Proven ability to analyze private company financials as well as financials of publicly traded companies.
· Ability to develop, recommend, and implement financial risk strategies based on well researched facts and analytics.
· Strong customer communication skills. Strong ability to effectively manage positive relationships with customers, relationship managers, and sales staffs.
· Exceptional leadership skills with a desire to oversee the development of credit analysts on the team.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work within time constraints in a highly regulated industry.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Job: Credit Risk Management/Review