The Operation Supervisor leads the manufacturing team to ensure department metrics are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner. Manages production schedules; is accountable for the achievement of area performance objectives, product quality, variable costs, productivity, and throughput. Will be a key driver in development of advanced methods and techniques to meet production goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for supervision of department employees including training, discipline, housekeeping and staffing recommendations.
- Provide the leadership for development and implementation of effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements, and on-time delivery to the customer requirements.
- Coordinate production with required schedules to meet customer requirements. Control flow of product, materials and utilization of labor throughout department.
- Directs and approves, following financial department guidelines, all requisitions for maintenance activities and purchase of department consumables.
- Effectively develop and coach employees with emphasis on building a winning team.
- Coordinate department priorities and communicate daily with the engineering, quality, production control, finance, human resources, other production areas and vendors.
- Effectively collaborate with manufacturing engineers to achieve scrap, cost and safety requirements.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
Review and plan for daily/ weekly/ quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding the productivity targets.
Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility in a machining or foundry environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to develop the skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
Tilton, New Hampshire, United States